CNC cylindrical grinding is a specialty at Jewett Machine.
With capability to grind 14 in diameter and a meter long Jewett grinds super precision parts in high and low volume. Typical parts include precision shafts, rollers, and hubs. A variety of materials including hardened steels, tool steels, carbide tools and urethane parts are ground to precision tolerances. Centerless and surface grinding services are available for most metals.
Click on image to enlarge
Close tolerance cylindrically ground shaft.
Part of a complex actuator assembly used to open a toolbox door. This actuator will be shipped, via the space shuttle to the international space station on the next mission.Operations include: Turning, 4-axis milling and cylindrical grinding.|
Cylindrically ground hollow shaft for power transmission product.
Cylindrical grinding is a specialty at Jewett Machine. Our Okuma GP-34 CNC grinder with Okuma OSP 5020G control is the ultimate in precision and accuracy. It is augmented by two Karstens plain cylindrical grinders, one with an ID grinding attachment. Parts up to 14 in diameter and a meter long can be ground in this department.|
- 1 TOYODA Select GII 12" x 39"
- 1 Hanchett 42 vertical spindle rotary grinder
- 1 Karstens high precision universal cylinder grinders, 10 x 30
- 1 Karstens K10-11 high precision universal cylindrical grinder
- 1 Okuma GP-34N CNC cylindrical 12" x 39"
- 2 Surface grinders with maximum capacity of 12 x 48
- 2 Additional grinders
- NTMA (National Tooling and Machining Association)
- VMA ( Virginia Manufactures Association)
- Industrial Components
- Industrial Mixing Systems
- Industrial Pumps
- Industrial Valves and Fittings
- Marine and Land Based Recreational Vehicles
- 1 Brown & Sharpe MicroVal PFX w/PC-DMIS software & Renishaw PH9 probe We have a full complement of inspection equipment for in-process and final inspection
- 1 Zeiss Eclipse series model 4064-20/24 CNC coordinate machine 40 x 64 x 24
- 1 3 CF Sweco vibratory finishing machine
- 1 Walk-in spray booth and painting equipment
- 2 Trinco dry blast machines, maximum capacity 48 x 48
Our machine tool programming system uses state-of-the-art ESPRIT 3D CAM software and a sophisticated DNC network. Our CAM software is capable of directly importing IGES, STEP, and many native 3D CAD file formats into our CNC programming environment. ESPRIT Post Processing supports all our our CNC machines from 6 axis Swiss Screw machines to 3 and 4 axis horizontal and vertical machining centers.
- Anodizing, Chrome, Zinc and other Plating
- Black Oxide
- Gear Cutting
- Heat Treating
- Jewett Machine has developed sources for related machining services which we do not provide in-house. Through these sources we are able to offer the following services as an integral part of a job:
Precision EDM Wire Cutting
|Shop Floor Control
Jewett Machine employs state-of-the-art MRP Enterprise software "SHOPTECH" from E2 Systems for shop floor control and accounting. The Shoptech system is a fully integrated software environment featuring a FINITE CAPACITY scheduling system, a BAR CODE system for real time shop floor control and reporting, and a fully integrated business and financial system.